Who We Are

At ferricchia we offer advanced haircutting and coloring techniques. Each stylist brings with them an array of work experience from places such as Manhattan's trendy SOHO, Boston's upscale Newbury Street, and prestigious training at Vidal Sassoon Academies.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The 2012 Oscars: BEST TRESSED!

Pure Hollywood glamour.  The red carpet, the designer fashion, film's biggest night and that gorgeous gold statue:  the Oscar's, after 84 years, still paint a magical movie star picture for viewers everywhere.  This year's Academy Awards fulfilled my craving for couture and, as expected, those in attendance looked spectacular.  Because I love you, and I know you're all clinging to my every word (lolz), I'm going to present to you my personal list of Best Tressed at this years Oscars.  

I noticed three trends on the red carpet that strongly reflect this seasons most popular looks: sleek minimalism (think Cher, pin-straight and glossy), vintage glamour, and the bun!

Best Smooth & Sleek:

Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford.  FAVE!

Honorable Mentions:

Rose Byrne in Vivianne Westwood.

Who missed the mark:
Sorry, Sandra.  I love you, but that pony!  Just looks heavy to me...

Best Vintage Glamour:

Penelope Cruz in Armani, the ultimate screen siren. 

Honorable Mentions:

Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab.


A modern take on old-school glamour, Natalie Portman in vintage Dior.

Best BUNS:
(haha, buns)

The breathtaking Rooney Mara in Givenchy.

Honorable Mentions:

Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad and a big ol'bun.


Shailene Woodley in Valentino.

My Top 3 Looks of the Night:

Michelle Williams is an angel in Louis Vuitton.


Kate Mara in Jack Guisso Couture.

Cam Diaz lets her fresh bob play off a gorgeous gown by Gucci Premiere.

 Loving Katy's bluebob, wearing Blumarine.

For a list of the official winners:
http://oscar.go.com

So that packs up the peanuts on this years Academy Awards.  I'll put away my opinions for now, and until next time, be well my beauties!

xoxo,
Meghan

Ferricchia Hair
(207) 253-8050
47 India Street
Portland, Maine

No comments:

Post a Comment